Saturday, August 11, 2012

We went to visit Jacob at the Idaho Capitol

On Wednesday we had a meeting in downtown Boise. Since my brother, Jacob, has been interning at the Governor's office this summer we thought we'd stop by and see "his office". It was fun to get a chance to see him in action!
Jacob's desk is in a large hallway. I forgot to take a picture of it but I had to take a photo of one of the empty desks. As much as I'm not a fan of our current governor I'm glad he's cut about 1/2 the staff and there are empty desks sitting around!
I thought this was clever. In the Governor's "public" office.
The beautiful pillars in our state capitol can be seen here!
Where the governor publicly signs laws and proclamations.
Oh, wait, what's this? A new governor? Awesome! He's going to need a new name plate!
I got so distracted touring that I forgot to get a picture with Jacob. I guess this one of us with a bust of former President Reagan will have to do!

2 comments:

  1. Lucas behind the Governor's desk is something you should send to the GOP Establishment on a Halloween Card. :) For my part, we could do much worse and usually do.

    By the way, I'm glad Andrea and I aren't the only ones with tastes for the chairs of powerful people. When we visited the Ohio Capitol Pre-9/11, the House was out of session and we snuck under the rope. I stood behind the Speaker's Desk and Andrea sat in his chair. It was about then that security asked us to leave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam that's hilarious. I've got my eye on the prize. Give me about twenty years to get there. Maybe ten.

    ReplyDelete